Welcome to Montreal!
Information and International Admissions
Herzing College is committed to providing a career-focused, convenient, and caring education that fosters student success both academically and professionally. For our international students, this means that we treat you as part of the Herzing family, and we help you step-by-step in your journey to earn your diploma and realize your career goals.
SO MUCH TO DO
Visitors love Montreal’s vitality, diversity, creativity, and hospitality. While honoring its stunning heritage, our city continues to evolve. An exciting cultural scene, internationally acclaimed fine dining, popular large events, and the chance to engage in winter sports (or stretch out on municipal beaches, right in the heart of the city) make living in Montreal alluring.
We play host to numerous events all year long, ranging from music to comedy, art, film, sports, and fashion. Major festival attractions include the International Jazz Festival, the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival, and the Franco-Folies, to name but a few.
Other equally popular summer crowd-pleasers include the elite Montreal Formula 1 Grand Prix and the explosive International des Feux Loto-Québec, a fireworks competition that lights up Montreal’s night skies all summer long.
Extraordinary in the winter and lively in the summer, Montreal seduces with its joie de vivre all year long.
HERZING COLLEGE – MONTREAL CAMPUS
Herzing College – Montreal was founded in 1968. Our campus is nestled in the heart of downtown and features beautiful grounds and convenient accessibility. We have helped thousands of men and women prepare for exciting careers in the fields of technology, business, healthcare, and design. Our history, reputation, and quality of education have been at the forefront of our past results and will continue to be our beacon for the future.
The campus is located at:
1616 Boul. René-Lévesque West
There are a range of living accommodations available near the campus, so Herzing students can find the type of arrangement that will work for them.
Herzing College staff can provide information on different places to look for apartments. There are also numerous housing sites available that will fit your ideal living scenario (for example: price, smoking, number of bedrooms, and access to public transportation). This service is free.
The Herzing College – Montreal campus is located in downtown Montreal, a few steps away from the underground city. The “Underground City” refers to the vast network of pedestrian walkways below the city. There are 33 kilometers of connecting passageways beneath downtown, with the metro (subway), commuter trains, and buses also converging there. Approximately 500,000 people circulate daily on this network where some 1,700 shops, 200 restaurants, 7 major hotels, museums, and theaters can be found.
International Admission Requirements for Herzing Montreal
Herzing College is accepting International student applications for fall 2021.
Good news regarding CAQ and study permit applications for FALL 2021 sessions!
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has committed to finalize by August 6, 2021 the processing of complete study permit applications that have been or will be submitted by May 15, 2021. If you are planning to come to Montreal to study for the Fall 2021 session, you must submit your CAQ and Study Permit applications before May 15, 2021.
In order to accommodate international students going to higher education institutions in Quebec, the government of Quebec and IRCC have agreed that the acknowledgment of receipt received in the student’s electronic file following the presentation of the online application for temporary selection for studies (CAQ) will be accepted by IRCC until May 15, 2021. This applies to students wanting to come to Quebec for the Fall 2021 session.
The study permit application will be processed by IRCC and then put on hold until the student provides the CAQ or CAQ letter of acceptance. The decision regarding the study permit will be made when the CAQ is received.
In order for international students to meet the May 15 deadline, it is essential that the processing of admission applications for fall 2021 be quickly finalized and applications for temporary selection for studies (CAQ ) and study permits must be submitted to the competent authorities as soon as possible, i.e. by May 15, 2021.
In closing, know that MES (Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur) works in concert with its various government partners to ensure a safe and timely arrival of international students. Their objective is to allow these students to be accommodated on Quebec soil for the start of the fall 2021 school year and they will continue to support and collaborate to this end with Quebec higher education institutions.
- You can register by downloading and completing the International Student Registration form Click to Download ISR Form
- You can make the payment by downloading and completing the Credit Card Payment form Click to Download the Credit Card Payment Form
- Once you complete the form you can send your registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that seats are limited and as a reminder, entrance to the program is on a first come first serve basis. During high volume periods you may expect a 10 to 15 working day delay to receive the Letter of Acceptance. The process starts after the registration fee is paid and proper documents are submitted.
Herzing College will only accept those applications having an IELTS overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5
Herzing College is authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to accept and enroll international students. International students wishing to study in Quebec must obtain the following documents.
- Valid Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
- Valid Study Permit
- Health and hospitalization insurance (Issued by Herzing College)
- One of the following 3 options is required.
- Recognition of prior learning Annex 5 – Institutions outside of Canada whose academic records are recognized for equivalency or for admission to vocational training. Evaluation is done by Herzing College. You must send us your latest transcripts and diploma with your application.
- Comparative evaluation of studies done outside Québec for DVS/D.E.P. programs. (Ministère de l’immigration, Diversité et Inclusion).
- Equivalency certificate of secondary education (Attestation d’équivalence de niveau secondaire) (A.E.N.S.) or TDG.
ADMISSIONS ACCEPTANCE REQUIREMENTS
To begin the process of applying to Herzing College under the status of an international student, you will need to satisfy the following requirements in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the acceptance letter required to attain a student visa to attend a College in Canada.
- You must be a High School graduate to attend Herzing College and you must be at least 18 years of age on the start date of your program.
- Write and pass the Herzing College entrance assessment evaluation or provide proof of English proficiency by providing us with a TOEFL/IELTS score. Minimum score required would be 547 on the written (paper) or 210 on the computer based version (CBT) and 78 on the internet based version (IBT). However, if your High School (or equivalent) was instructed in English, a TOEFL score would not be required. For the IELTS, we require a minimum score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5 for AEC programs and 5.0 for DEP programs. Exceptions are considered, but not guaranteed, for those students who attended a non-English speaking high school, but attended a post-secondary educational facility instructed in English.
- Please note that for all students enrolled in a French program (in Quebec), the language proficiency level required is as follows:
DEP programs: B1 level
AEC programs: B2 level
- You may be required to pass a general admissions exam and program specific entrance test
Every application for admissions requires a non-refundable registration fee of $275 dollars (Canadian Funds). (Valid for one full year)
Payment methods accepted include:
- Credit Card: VISA or MasterCard (this is the only payment method for online admissions applications)
- Certified check or money order payable to: Herzing College or Collège Herzing
The registration fee is included in the total cost of the training. Once paid, the registration fee will be deducted from the total cost of the training. Once your student visa and all other documents required for your program have been approved, there will be an administrative fee in addition to tuition fees, due at the beginning of the session, with the first payment.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
- Copy of an original birth certificate and official translation into French or English.
- Copy of latest diploma (s) and transcript (s) of secondary and post-secondary level education.
- Copy of passport (page with your photo and date of birth).
You may send these documents by email to the following email address: email@example.com or by fax to 514-933-6182, Attention Mr. Tony Lo Manto.
*Completion of your program of choice does NOT guarantee a Post Graduate Work Permit. All programs at Herzing College Montreal qualify for the PGWP, but every student’s situation is looked at individually. Click for information about the Post Graduate Work Permit
Herzing College Montreal Contact Information
Herzing College Montreal
1616 Boulevard René-Lévesque West,
Phone: (514) 935-7494
Fax: (514) 933-6182