Welcome to Montreal!
Information and International Admissions
Herzing College is committed to providing a career-focused, convenient, and caring education that fosters student success both academically and professionally. For our international students, this means that we treat you as part of the Herzing family, and we help you step-by-step in your journey to earn your diploma and realize your career goals.
SO MUCH TO DO
Visitors love Montreal’s vitality, diversity, creativity, and hospitality. While honouring its stunning heritage, our city continues to evolve. An exciting cultural scene, internationally acclaimed fine dining, popular large events, and the chance to engage in winter sports (or stretch out on municipal beaches, right in the heart of the city) make living in Montreal alluring.
We play host to numerous events all year long, ranging from music to comedy, art, film, sports, and fashion. Major festival attractions include the International Jazz Festival, the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival, and the Franco-Folies, to name but a few.
Other equally popular summer crowd-pleasers include the elite Montreal Formula 1 Grand Prix and the explosive International des Feux Loto-Québec, a fireworks competition that lights up Montreal’s night skies all summer.
Extraordinary in the winter and lively in the summer, Montreal seduces with its joie de vivre all year long.
HERZING COLLEGE – MONTREAL CAMPUS
Herzing College Montreal was founded in 1968. Our campus is nestled in the heart of downtown and features convenient accessibility.
We have helped thousands of men and women prepare for exciting careers in the fields of technology, business, healthcare, and design. Our history, reputation, and quality of education have been at the forefront of our past results and will continue to be our beacon for the future.
The campus is located at:
1616 Boul. René-Lévesque West
There is a range of living accommodations available near the campus, so Herzing students can find the type of arrangement that will work for them.
Herzing College staff can provide information on different places to look for apartments. There are also numerous housing sites available that will fit your ideal living scenario (for example: price, smoking, number of bedrooms, and access to public transportation). This service is free.
The Herzing College Montreal campus is located downtown, a few steps away from the underground city.
The “Underground City” refers to the vast network of pedestrian walkways below the city. There are 33 kilometres of connecting passageways beneath downtown, with the metro (subway), commuter trains, and buses also converging there.
Approximately 500,000 people circulate daily on this network, where some 1,700 shops, 200 restaurants, seven major hotels, and numerous museums and theatres can be found.
International Admission Requirements for Herzing Montreal
Herzing College is accepting international student applications for 2023.
Please note: The government currently does not grant graduates of private colleges (in non-degree level programs) access to Canada’s Post-Graduation Work Permit program. There are, however, other international mobility work permit programs graduates of diploma programs may qualify for, depending on situational factors.
Herzing College is not authorized to provide immigration advice or assistance. Please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or a licensed immigration consultant for more information.
International students wishing to study in Quebec must obtain the following documents.
- Valid Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
- Valid study permit
- Health and hospitalization insurance (issued by Herzing College)
- One of the following:
- Recognition of prior learning Annex 5 – Institutions outside of Canada whose academic records are recognized for equivalency or for admission to vocational training. Evaluation is done by Herzing College. You must send us your latest transcripts and diploma with your application.
- Comparative evaluation of studies done outside Québec for DVS/D.E.P. programs. (Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration)
- Equivalency certificate of secondary education (Attestation d’équivalence de niveau secondaire) (A.E.N.S.) or TDG.
ADMISSIONS ACCEPTANCE REQUIREMENTS
To begin the process of applying to Herzing College under the status of an international student, you will need to satisfy the following requirements in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the acceptance letter required to attain a student visa to attend a college in Canada.
- You must be a high school graduate to attend Herzing College and you must be at least 18 years of age on the start date of your program.
- You must write and pass the Herzing College entrance assessment evaluation or provide proof of English proficiency by providing us with a TOEFL/IELTS score. The minimum score required is 547 on the written (paper) or 210 on the computer-based version (CBT) and 78 on the internet-based version (IBT). However, if your high school (or equivalent) was instructed in English, a TOEFL score is not required. For the IELTS, we require a minimum score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5 for AEC programs and 5.0 for DEP programs. Exceptions are considered, but not guaranteed, for those students who attended a non-English speaking high school, but attended a post-secondary educational facility instructed in English.
- Please note that for all students enrolled in a French program (in Quebec), the language proficiency level required is as follows:
DEP programs: B1 level
AEC programs: B2 level
- You may be required to pass a general admissions exam and program-specific entrance test.
Every application for admission requires a non-refundable registration fee of $250 (Canadian funds) that is valid for one full year. Payment methods accepted include:
- Credit card: VISA or MasterCard (this is the only payment method for online admissions applications)
- Certified cheque or money order payable to Herzing College or Collège Herzing
The registration fee is included in the total cost of the training. Once paid, the registration fee will be deducted from the total cost of the training.
Once your student visa and all other documents required for your program have been approved, there will be an administrative fee in addition to tuition fees, due at the beginning of the session with the first payment.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
- Copy of an original birth certificate and official translation into French or English.
- Copy of latest diploma(s) and transcript(s) of secondary and post-secondary level education.
- Copy of passport (page with your photo and date of birth).
- You can register by downloading and completing the International Student Registration form Click to Download ISR Form
- You can make the payment by downloading and completing the Credit Card Payment form Click to Download the Credit Card Payment Form
- Once you complete the form you can send your registration request to email@example.com
Please be advised that seats are limited and as a reminder, entrance to the program is on a first come first serve basis. During high volume periods you may expect a 10 to 15 working day delay to receive the Letter of Acceptance. The process starts after the registration fee is paid and proper documents are submitted.
Herzing College will only accept those applications having an IELTS overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5
Herzing College Montreal Contact Information
Herzing College Montreal
1616 Boul. René-Lévesque West
Phone: (514) 935-7494
Fax: (514) 933-6182