Herzing College Skilled Trades
Gas Technician 2 Training
Total preparation to pass the TSSA Gas Technician 2 exam. Learn from certified instructors with years of industry experience. Become a G2 holder in just 24 weeks. Day and evening classes available.
Benefits of Gas Technician 2 Certification
If you already have your G3, Gas Technician 2 certification is the next logical step in your career. G2 holders are legally allowed to install, purge, test, maintain, and remove gas-fired appliances and equipment.
Gas fitters with a G2 license have more job options in several fields, including plumbing, HVAC, and appliance servicing.
Top benefits of getting your Gas Technician 2 certification:
- G2 holders can work without supervision on gas-fired appliances and equipment with an input up to 400,000 BTUH
- Gas fitters with Gas Technician 2 certification can supervise G3 holders
- There is steady demand for G2 gas fitters/gas technicians in Ontario
- Earning your G2 opens up more job opportunities in HVAC, plumbing, appliance servicing, and any trade that involves work on gas-fired equipment
- Gas Technician 2 training takes just 24 weeks
Herzing College Gas Technician 2 Training
The goal of this program is to help you pass the Gas Technician 2 exam. The G2 exam is delivered by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
Herzing College is approved by the TSSA to deliver Gas Technician 2 training. Our program is taught by certified, highly experienced instructors.
- 24-week program
- Approved by the TSSA
- Flexible day and evening classes available
- Licensed instructors with years of industry experience
- State-of-the-art training facility that simulates a real work environment
- Multiple program start-dates throughout the year
- Loans, government training grants, and scholarships may be available for students who qualify (our Admissions team will help you apply)
Learn more about testing: 6 Things to Know About the TSSA Gas Technician Exams
There is steady demand for certified gas fitters and gas technicians in Ontario. Most gas fitters work in the construction industry. Many also work for utilities companies, mainly to install and maintain natural gas lines and equipment. G2 holders can also work for HVAC contractors.
What’s creating jobs in this field?
- Ontario wants to extend natural gas services to rural communities
- Steady residential and commercial construction is creating work for gas fitters/technicians
- Several large-scale nuclear energy projects in Ontario are expected to generate jobs for gas fitters/technicians
- Investments in infrastructure and growth in the manufacturing industry are also creating jobs for gas technicians in Ontario
Job Options for Graduates of Gas Technician 2 Training
Successful graduates of the Gas Technician 2 program can pursue the following job options:
- Gas Customer Service
- Gas Pipe Fitter
- Gas Technical Support
- Gas Technician
- Furnace Installation/Repair/Maintenance
- Boiler Installation/Repair/Maintenance
- Water Heater Installation/Repair/Maintenance
- Tankless Water Heater Installation/Repair/Maintenance
Who Hires Our Grads?
Graduates of our Gas Technician 2 training have been hired by:
- Smarco Building Solutions
- Parkaire Systems Inc.
- MDS Mechanical
- Enerhome Heating & Cooling
Our Gas Technician 2 training follows the official TSSA curriculum. Study topics include basic electricity, venting systems, air handling, advanced piping and tubing, building as a system and hydronic heating systems
Click for a description of each course.
I have a wide variety of talents some of which are not directly related but add to the sum of experiences. Directly I have a Gas Technician 1 Certificate, Oil Burner Technician 2, and Stationary Engineer 4th Class, with extensive background in using oil, nat. gas and propane as a fuel source to provide heat.
I have also operated many businesses in the transportation and aviation sector but primarily focused on the HVAC industry. I hold patent right in Canada and the U.S, and have ran for public office on the municipal level. As an instructor I enjoy passing on my talents and experience to those who are inspiring to become Gas Technicians.
What you need to get started.
- Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
- Pass an entrance test administered by Herzing College
- Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
- Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
SAMPLE AVERAGE SALARY RANGE:
$36,480 to $57,600
Day and Evening Classes Available
2019 Overall Graduate Employment Rate
85% of available Herzing College Skilled Trades graduates were employed in a related field.
*statistics based on most recent available
Your Next Steps
Ready to learn more about Gas Technician 2 training? It’s easy to get started. Choose from the following options:
- Fill out the form to ask questions via email
- Chat live with an Admissions Advisor to get your questions answered now
- Click Apply Now to get your application started today!
Why Choose This Program?
Herzing’s Gas Technician 2 training is approved by the TSSA. We offer flexible day and evening courses, and a workshop that simulates real working conditions.
Here’s why Herzing College Skilled Trades should be your first choice:
- Affordable 24-week program
- Total preparation for the TSSA Gas Technician 2 exam
- Hands-on training taught by licensed, highly experienced instructors
- Herzing College is a Merit Ontario, CLAC Union-approved training facility
- Eligible grads are admitted to Merit Ontario and CLAC union
- Herzing’s Career Development team helps you create your resume, apply for jobs, and prepare for interviews
- We connect graduates with available jobs through our industry partners
- We help you apply for government training grants, loans, and scholarships that may lower tuition costs for eligible students
- Small class sizes, fun learning environment, great staff
- Herzing College has a 55-year track record of respected career training
- Our grads get hired! 85% of 2019 Herzing College Skilled Trades graduates found employment (based on most recent available data)