Herzing College Skilled Trades
Gas Technician 3 Training
Total preparation to pass the TSSA Gas Technician 3 exam. Learn from certified instructors with years of industry experience. Start your gas technician career in just 12 weeks. Day and evening classes available.
Benefits of Gas Technician 3 Certification
Gas technicians install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment. They work with gas meters, regulators, heating units, and gas-fired appliances. In Ontario, you must be certified by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) to become a licensed gas technician.
There are 3 levels of gas technician certification. Gas technician level 3 is the starting point for newcomers to the field.
Top benefits of earning your G3:
- G3 holders can work under supervision on gas-fired appliances and equipment with an input up to 400,000 BTUH
- Once you have your G3, you can challenge the gas technician 2 exam (G2 holders can work without supervision on gas-fired equipment up to 400,000 BTUH)
- There is steady demand for gas fitters/gas technicians in Ontario
- Getting certified opens up more job opportunities for plumbers, HVAC technicians, and appliance service technicians (who want to work on gas-fired units)
- Gas Technician 3 training takes just 12 weeks
Herzing College Skilled Trades Gas Technician 3 Training
The goal of our Gas Technician 3 training is to help you pass the Gas Technician 3 TSSA exam. We deliver the standard TSSA curriculum, taught by certified and highly experienced instructors.
Students do a combination of theory and hands-on training in the fully equipped Herzing workshop.
- 12-week program
- Approved by the TSSA
- Flexible day and evening classes available
- Licensed instructors with years of industry experience
- State-of-the-art training facility that simulates a real work environment
- Multiple program start-dates throughout the year
- Loans, government training grants, and scholarships may be available for students who qualify (our Admissions team will help you apply)
Learn more about the test: 6 Things to Know About the TSSA Gas Technician Exams
There is steady demand for gas fitters and gas technicians in Ontario. Most gas fitters work in the construction industry. Many also work for utilities companies, mainly to install and maintain natural gas lines and equipment.
What’s creating jobs in this field?
- Ontario wants to extend natural gas services to rural communities
- Steady residential and commercial construction is creating work for gas fitters
- Several large-scale nuclear energy projects in Ontario are expected to generate jobs for gas fitters
- Investments in infrastructure and growth in the manufacturing industry are also creating jobs for gas technicians in Ontario
Job Options for Gas Technician 3 Training Graduates
Successful graduates of our Gas Technician 3 training can pursue the following job options:
- Gas Customer Service Provider
- Gas Pipefitter
- Gas Pipe Installer and Repairer
- Gas Appliance Maintenance
- Gas Technician
Who Hires Our Grads?
Graduates of our Gas Technician 3 program have been hired by:
Our Gas Technician 3 courses follow the official TSSA curriculum. Study topics include hand tools and power tools, safe handling of fuel gases, installation codes, regulations, introduction to electricity and technical manuals, specifications, schematics and drawing codes.
Click for a description of each course.
I have a wide variety of talents some of which are not directly related but add to the sum of experiences. Directly I have a Gas Technician 1 Certificate, Oil Burner Technician 2, and Stationary Engineer 4th Class, with extensive background in using oil, nat. gas and propane as a fuel source to provide heat.
I have also operated many businesses in the transportation and aviation sector but primarily focused on the HVAC industry. I hold patent right in Canada and the U.S, and have ran for public office on the municipal level. As an instructor I enjoy passing on my talents and experience to those who are inspiring to become Gas Technicians.
What you need to get started.
- Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
- Pass an entrance test administered by Herzing College
- Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
- Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
SAMPLE AVERAGE SALARY RANGE:
$36,480 to $57,600
Day and Evening Classes Available
2020 Overall Graduate Employment Rate
87% of available Herzing College Skilled Trades graduates were employed in a related field.
*statistics based on most recent available
Your Next Steps
Ready to learn more about the Gas Technician 3 program? It’s easy to get started. Choose from the following options:
- Fill out the form to ask questions via email
- Chat live with an Admissions Advisor to get your questions answered now
- Click Apply Now to get your application started today!
Why Choose This Program?
Herzing’s Gas Technician 3 training is taught by certified experts. We offer flexible day and evening courses, and a workshop that simulates real working conditions. Here’s why Herzing College Skilled Trades should be your first choice for gas technician 3 training:
- Affordable 12-week program
- Offered at the Toronto and Cambridge campus
- Total preparation for the TSSA Gas Technician 3 exam
- Hands-on training taught by licensed, highly experienced instructors
- Herzing College is a Merit Ontario, CLAC Union-approved training facility
- Eligible grads are admitted to Merit Ontario and CLAC union
- Herzing’s Career Development team helps you create your resume, apply for jobs, and prepare for interviews
- We connect graduates with available jobs through our industry partners
- We help you apply for government training grants, loans, and scholarships that may lower tuition costs for eligible students
- Small class sizes, fun learning environment, great staff
- Herzing College has a 55-year track record of respected career training
- Our grads get hired! 88% of our 2019 graduates found employment (based on available graduates and most recent data)