Welcome to Winnipeg!
Information and International Admissions
Winnipeg is a big “little” city located in the heart of Canada. Endless prairies, stunning sunsets and access to freshwater lakes make up the capital city of “Friendly Manitoba.” Winnipeg boasts a thriving arts and culture scene, with a dedicated arts and culture hub in the historic Exchange District,and hosts large annual Festivals such as the Winnipeg Folk Festival, Folklorama and Manyfest.
Winnipeg’s multiculturalism is reflected in its food scene, with local favorites and up and coming restaurants offering a diverse selection of Canadian, ethnic and fusion cuisine. Visit the Forks, a popular public market and outdoor space, and the Assiniboine Park and Zoo, an 80-acre zoo featuring “Journey to Churchill,” an internationally recognized exhibit and research center on animals from the Canadian Arctic.
Nicknamed “Winterpeg,” Winnipeggers embrace the cold winter weather and celebrate with an annual outdoor winter Festival, Festival Du Voyageur. The Red River, one of the twin rivers snaking through the city, is turned into a critically acclaimed skating trail complete with warming huts and a gourmet pop-up restaurant.
When summer eventually does come it’s worth the wait, with high temperatures, long, sunny days and easy access to beaches, lakes, and provincial parks. And the mosquitoes are not as big or as bad as they say.
HERZING COLLEGE – WINNIPEG CAMPUS
Conveniently located close to downtown and the center of the city, adjacent to Polo Park, the city’s largest shopping center.
The newly renovated Winnipeg campus was custom designed to facilitate the learning experience. It has a resource library, a student lounge, broadcasting studios, a meditation room, and its laboratories and classrooms are designed to engage students through hands-on learning.
The campus is located at:
1700 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0E1
There is a range of living accommodations available near the campus, so Herzing students can find the type of arrangement that will work for them.
Herzing College staff can provide information on different places to look for apartments. There are also numerous housing sites available that will fit your ideal living scenario (for example: price, smoking, number of bedrooms, and access to public transportation).
The Herzing College – Winnipeg campus is accessible by several means and public transit. Student and visitor parking is available on site.
International Admission Requirements for Herzing Winnipeg
Herzing College is accepting International student applications for 2022.
Herzing College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and our DLI number is: O262539608072. Please note, the government currently does not grant graduates of private colleges (in non-degree level programs) access to Canada’s post-graduation work permit program. There are however other International Mobility work permit programs graduates of diploma programs may qualify for depending on situational factors. According to Federal regulation Herzing College is not authorized to provide immigration advice or assistance so please contact Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, or a licensed immigration consultant for more information.
To begin the process of applying to Herzing College under the status of an *international student*, you will need to satisfy the following requirements in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the CIC Acceptance Form required to attain a student study permit to attend a College in Canada.
- Complete the Personal Information Record form and return by email.
- You must be a High School graduate to Attend Herzing College;
- Provide a high school transcript (if not in English – will need to provide a certified translation to the English language and have it assessed for Canadian equivalency) or provide all relevant post – secondary educational documentation above and beyond high school.
- Provide us with proof of English skills by providing us with a TOEFL/IELTS score. Minimum score required would be 500 on the written (paper), or 173 on the computer based version (CBT) and 60 on the internet based version (IBT). For the IELTS, we require a minimum score of 6.0 in all areas.
- If your High School (or equivalent) was instructed in English, a TOEFL/IELTS score would not be required.
- Pass our online entrance test.
- Provide a non-refundable administration and testing charge of $500 (Canadian funds) only after educational documents have been accepted. We can send you our Bank Wire Transfer Form. Once the above conditions are satisfied and funds received, we will continue with the process and send you your CIC Acceptance Form for you to apply for your Study Permit.
- Once you have received approval for your Student Study Permit, you will be required to sign an enrollment contract outlining relevant information regarding your program of study, including tuition, fees, and payment schedule.
- Provide us with a copy of your passport (page with your photo and date of birth). Current address is necessary if not stated on passport.
Click to learn more about the student study permit process for international students
Herzing College Winnipeg Contact Information
Herzing College Winnipeg
1700 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0E1
Phone: (204) 775-8175
Fax: (204) 783-8107