Earn Your Health Care Aide Diploma in Just 20 weeks!
Health Care Aides are an important part of the patient care team. Individuals in this role may be responsible for monitoring, reporting and documentation, transporting patients, maintaining patient’s rooms and general patient care. In a home or home care environment duties may include bathing, grooming, and preparing and serving meals.
The Health Care Aide training teaches students the necessary knowledge and practical skills for employment as Health Care Aides in a facility, as well as home environments. Areas of study include anatomy, physiology, community care, human development, social and cultural issues, communication skills.
Certificates featured in this program: First Aid, CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, P.I.E.C.E.S, Safe Resident Handling. Accredited by Canadian Support Workers Association
Program length: 5 months (30 hours/week) includes 8 week internship (37.5/week)
Want to learn more about Herzing’s Health Care Aide program in Winnipeg? Fill out the form to get your brochure today!
Choose from a Variety of Health Care Aide Career Options
The Health Care Aide program prepares graduates for employment at health care enterprises such as; hospitals or personal care home, or home care organizations.
Examples of job titles: Health Care Aide, Home Care.
Examples of employers: Misericordia Health Centre, Selkirk Mental Hospital, St.Amant Centre, 24/7 Quality Care, Deer Lodge Centre, Health Sciences Center, Victoria Hospital, Maples Personal Care Home.
Sample range of average starting salary: $24,960 – $37,440
*Statistics based on most recent available.
Register for Health Care Aide Courses in Winnipeg
- Anatomy and Physiology and Health Care Practices Part I
- Anatomy and Physiology and Health Care Practices Part II
- Human and Social Issues Part I
- Human and Social Issues Part II
- Health Care in the Home
- Clinical Practicum
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Students who have been educated outside of Canada are required to obtain a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment or pass the Herzing College HCA Communications Assessment
Take your first step toward a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Fill out the form and Herzing will send you information to get started!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit