Computer Graphic Design Courses in Toronto
- Photoshop Image Design and Editing
- This course provides the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill in graphics using Photoshop. Photoshop topics include working with file size and format; using Web-safe color palettes and managing color; image masking and image compression; Graphics Interface File (GIF) and Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) file formats; using tools to alter photographs; and applying filters and effects. 4 Weeks.
- Vector Graphics (Illustrator)
- This course provides the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill in the production and manipulation of vector graphics. Topics include drawing, stroke and fill, shape tools, freeform drawing, manipulating objects, appearance, drawing aids, importation and conversion of bitmaps to vectors. 4 weeks.
- Website Design
- This course provides the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill in planning and developing well designed and effective client-side Web pages that meet an organization’s business objectives and address appropriate audience requirements. Adobe Dreamweaver software will be the main tools used for teaching. Topics include basic design strategies; planning and designing web pages; progressive enhancement, responsive web design (RWD), maintenance, assessment, and continuous improvement procedures and an overview of client-side web site types. Projects developed during this portion will also be added to the student’s online portfolio. Students will use HTML5 and CSS to create both simple and complex web pages. 7 weeks.
- Animation for the Web
- Digital Typography
- This course provides the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill in the art of typography. Topics include the evolution of typography, type basics, and categories of type, elements of type, controlling type within documents, designing with type, type and the Internet and the mechanics of type. This is a great opportunity to review layout programs. 4 weeks.
- Graphic Design and Layout
- This course provides the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill in the graphic design and layout principles. Topics include choosing the right shape to work on, correct line proportion, colour theory, selecting typefaces for headings and text. Projects will include designing stationery, business cards, colour brochures, advertising inserts for direct mail and point of sale packages. 4 weeks.
- Graphic Design and Layout II (InDesign)
- Type, illustration and photography are combined in this subject to solve design communication problems. The student draws on all the tools available to assist in solving the industry-based problems presented. 4 weeks.
- Design Production or Technical Production
- This course covers the information students need to prepare designs for print. Students will be able to properly set up files, understand print terminology, work effectively with printers and familiarize themselves with the print production process as well as the technology involved. 2 weeks.
- Career Development
- This course helps students establish the critical career links between their education and the social media industry. Students will be tasked with researching potential future employers. Topics include career planning research, job searching, graphical resumes and company profiling, and refining interview and communication skills. Students will post their social media resume online and participate in mock interviews. Students will also learn essential employment skills using the concepts of PRICE and The Pacific Institute training. 1 week.
- The internship component of the program is the practical application of a student’s knowledge and skills in an industry environment. The industry shall be directly related to the student’s program of study. The internship recommends full-time day attendance working in the industry setting. The duration of the internship is six weeks, during which the student must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 hours of work experience.
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.