Architectural Design Courses in Toronto
- Office Administration Practices for Building Design
- This course provides a conceptual understanding of standard systems and operations used in a building design office environment including an introduction to design presentations. Students will develop skills using Microsoft Application suite, specifically the focus will be on proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. File management and keyboarding skills will also be covered in this course.
- Design Fundamentals and Blueprints
- This course offers comprehensive hands-on training on design fundamentals, drafting standards, and provides students with the knowledge and skills required for creating and interpreting structural drawings.
- Building Information Modelling
- This course offers comprehensive training in building information modelling. It will provide the student with knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting techniques using current industry software. Students will learn to create custom content using Revit platforms.
- AutoCAD 2D Architectural
- This course offers a comprehensive hands-on training on building design and drafting using AutoCAD software. It covers all functions and tools that have been introduced and provided in AutoCAD in order to upgrade and enhance student’s skills to prepare 2 Dimensional drawings
- Auto CAD 3D Architectural
- This course offers a comprehensive hands-on training on building design and drafting using AutoCAD® software. It covers all functions and tools that have been introduced and provided in AutoCAD® in order to upgrade and enhance student’s skills to prepare 3 Dimensional drawings.
- Building Design Principles
- Students learn and put into use fundamental building design principles. The process of design is discussed in detail including creating designs from start (concept development) to finish (final plan and 3D model). Students learn the basics of Project Management as it relates to building design, including strategies to present design concepts. Students create and manage their own Design Portfolio.
- Ontario Building Code
- Become familiar with the Ontario building Code Act in preparation for the Building Code certification exam in your career field
- The internship component of the program is the practical application of a student’s knowledge and skills in an industry environment. The industry shall be directly related to the students’ program of study. The internship requires full attendance working in the industry setting. The duration of the internship is eight weeks, during which the student must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 200 hours of work experience.
Note: Graduates of the Building Design diploma program as non-architect designers, will be restricted to the preparation or provision of a design for construction, enlargement or alteration of a building not more than three storeys and with a gross floor area not exceeding 600 square meters.
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.