Earn Your Police Foundations Diploma Online in Just 1 Year!
Are you motivated to make your community a safer place by promoting peace and protecting the rights of citizens? Herzing's comprehensive police foundations training program can help you launch a rewarding career in public safety in just one year.
What are the Benefits of Earning a Police Foundations Diploma?
Herzing’s Police Foundations program in Toronto prepares graduates for a range of career paths in public safety, from private security work to roles in the military. Professionals in these roles are counted on to solve problems, resolve conflicts, protect lives, and respond effectively in emergency situations. This is challenging work that truly makes a difference!
How Does Herzing Prepare Police Foundations Students for Success?
Herzing's Police Foundations program includes the perfect balance of classroom and hands-on training. Instructors are experienced and friendly, always willing to provide one-on-one help to ensure students understand key concepts, such as:
- interviewing and interrogating techniques
- sociology and criminology
- criminal investigations
- forensics and evidence
Most importantly, students will be placed in a 4-week internship where they will apply what they've learned and gain real-world experience.
Don’t let worries about paying for school follow you around. Students attending Herzing College may qualify for a government student grant that could cover your entire tuition! The Ontario Student Opportunity Grant is currently available to eligible students applying for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). An Educational Funding Specialist at our campus can help you determine if you qualify.
It’s never too late to get on the path to a rewarding career, complete the form on this page to get started and find out if you're eligible for free tuition!
*Not all students and programs qualify for free tuition.
Career Paths for Police Foundations Graduates in Toronto
Herzing Toronto Police Foundations graduates have had success in finding work in a related field after earning their diploma. Graduates are fully qualified to apply for employment with a wide variety of organizations, such as:
- Ontario Police Services (municipal and provincial)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Out-of-Province Police Departments and Services
- Canadian Armed Forces
- By-law Enforcement
- Canadian Border Services Agency
- Correctional Services
Where do Herzing Toronto Police Foundations Grads get Hired?
Herzing Police Foundations grads have found employment in the Greater Toronto Area with a range of distinguished organizations, including:
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Paladin Security
- Regal Security
Ready to take your first step toward a new career in law enforcement? Fill out the form to receive everything you need to get started - for free!
Herzing’s Police Foundations Courses Respond to Industry Needs
Herzing's comprehensive Police Foundations program is targeted to meet the needs of today’s employers. Courses zero-in on what future law enforcement professionals will need to succeed in the field, and have been developed through a close partnership with industry.
With a combination of theory and hands-on practice, students will develop a working knowledge of the following areas:
- Word & Keyboarding
- Interpersonal Communication
- Lifestyle Management, Fitness and Lifestyle Management
- Sociology and Criminology
- Contemporary Social Welfare & Conflict Management
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Canadian Government, Politics, Law and Modern Policing
- Introduction to Policing
- Federal & Provincial Statutes/Young Offenders
- Cultural Diversity and First Nations People
- Police Powers and Authority
- Criminal Investigations, Forensics, and Evidence
- Interviewing and Interrogation Skills
- Courtroom Procedures and Testimony
- Officer Safety and Protecting the Public
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Private Security Patrol Procedures
- Community Policing
- Career Development
What do You Need to Get Started in Police Foundations in Toronto?
Herzing Toronto’s admissions team will walk you through the application process, and explain each pre-requisite required for entry into the program, including:
- Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or mature student status
- Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
- Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
Ready to learn more about applying to Herzing’s Police Foundations program in Toronto? Fill out the form to get started today!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit