Paralegal Diploma Training in Toronto
Paralegals are non-lawyers providing legal services in specified areas of practice to the public for a fee. The type of work that a licensed paralegal can perform is limited by the Law Society and this program is restricted to those areas of law.
This program, accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada, prepares graduates to apply to the Law Society of Upper Canada to become licensed paralegals. Areas of study include Understanding Statutes and By-Laws, Torts and Contracts, Evidence and the Litigation Process, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Small Claims Court, Tribunal Practice, Provincial Offences/Motor Vehicle Offences, Criminal Summary Conviction Procedures and Ethics.
Program length: 12 months (20 hours/week) includes 4 week internship
Fill out the form on this page to request more information
The Paralegal program prepares graduates to work within law firms, government offices, legal department in any company or as independent Paralegals.
Examples of possible job titles include: Paralegal, Corporate Paralegal, Independent Paralegal
Examples of employers for these positions: Bekiaris Law Firm, Brown & Bell, Grillone Law Firm, Kostyniuk & Greenside, Ontario Court of Justice
Sample average salary: $47,000
*Statistics based on most recent available.
Paralegal Courses in Toronto
• Legal Computer Applications
• Legal System
• Legal Research/Writing
• Understanding Statues and By-Laws
• Torts and Contracts
• Consumer Protection Law/Sale of Goods
• Evidence and the Litigation Process
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Career Development
• Residential Landlord and Tenant Law
• Small Claims Court
• Administrative Law
• Tribunal Practice and Procedure
• Employment Law
• Provincial Offences/Motor Vehicle Offenses
• Criminal/Summary Conviction Procedure
• Ethics & Professional Responsibility
• Legal Accounting
• Practice Management/Operating a Small Business
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Herzing “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.