Cybersecurity Training Program
Cutting-edge training in IT security monitoring, defensive technologies, and disaster recovery. Become an Ethical Hacker, Cybersecurity Specialist, or IT Security Analyst in just 12 months. Internship included.
Worldwide Demand for Cybersecurity Specialists
*This program is currently available online*
We are facing a worldwide shortage of skilled cybersecurity specialists. There are currently millions of vacant IT security jobs across the globe, including:
- Thousands of available cybersecurity positions in Canada (Deloitte)
- Over 400,000 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the United States (Cybersecurity Workforce Study)
- Increased demand is driving up salaries in this field
- Current median salary for Cybersecurity Specialists in Canada is $75-80K, with some professionals earning more than 100K (Payscale)
Herzing Toronto Accelerated Cybersecurity Program
Get to work faster with the accelerated 12-month Cybersecurity training program. This unique program delivers over 900 hours of practical training, and 100 hours of internship.
- 12-month diploma program (20 hours/week)
- Currently available online
- Includes 5-week internship (100 hours)
- Taught by industry experts with extensive IT security experience
- Based on globally recognized IT security certifications
- Multiple start-dates; enroll at any time
- Financial aid may be available to those who qualify (our Admissions team will help you apply)
IT Security Certifications Featured in the Program
Herzing’s Cybersecurity training program is based on industry-leading certifications. Our students complete the educational component needed for the following IT security certifications:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Cyber Security Practitioner (CSXP)
Note: Certifications also require 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
The latest Government of Canada Job Bank report shows strong demand for cybersecurity specialists in Ontario. Major IT centres like Toronto are leading the way in job opportunities.
Experts predict strong employment growth in this field over the next 10 years, all across Canada.
Cybersecurity Job Opportunities
Successful graduates of Herzing Toronto Cybersecurity training program are qualified for the following jobs:
- Security Analyst
- Security Hacker
- Ethical Hacker
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Cybersecurity Specialist
The Cybersecurity training program focuses on best practices in IT security, including a wide range of tools, technologies, and tactics.
You will learn:
- A complete overview of the latest cybersecurity threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Best practices in security and risk mitigation for Windows, Linux, and Unix
- Fundamentals of network monitoring and best practices for securing VLANs
- Tools and tactics for web application security
- Cloud security tools and implementations
- Computer hacking and digital forensics
- Comprehensive tools and techniques for ethical hacking
- Numerous procedures and methods for disaster recovery and system restoration
Click below for detailed Cybersecurity course descriptions:
This course is an introduction to the field of cyber security. Students will be given an extensive overview of the various domains of cyber security. This course covers cyber security concepts and principles. Topics include security foundation concepts, threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, identity and access management, risk management, personal devices (BYOD), privilege management, privilege life cycle, cryptography, incident response and recovery, networks and communications, systems and application security and PKI.
Certification: Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
This course is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of Windows systems and Active Directory domains. Students will learn, about operating system security in general, and Windows security in particular. Students also will learn to use PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), command-line and graphical tools to analysis Windows systems. Topics include PowerShell command essentials, password management, user right assignments, system security settings, file and share permissions, registry permissions and settings, Windows logging and continuous monitoring for Windows.
This course provides in-depth coverage of Linux and Unix security issues that include specific configuration guidance and practical, real-world examples, tips, and technics. Students will learn, how to mitigate or eliminate general problems that apply to all Unix-like operating systems, including vulnerabilities in the password authentication system, file system, virtual memory system, and applications that commonly run on Linux and Unix. Topics include Linux basics, command-line tools and scripting, file permissions, file integrity, services, users, groups and privilege management, patching and logging and monitoring.
Students who complete the course will understand how networks work and how they should be secured. Students will learn how to securely configure VLANs, how to determine perimeter firewall requirements, how to configure routers and various network devices. In addition, students are guided through industry best practices for using network mapping tools and vulnerability scanners to assist the organization in securing the network. Topics include VLAN, Nmap, routers and switches configuration security, firewall, wireless and vulnerability assessment.
This course provides the opportunity to study the pool of technologies that make modern web applications work and the tools which security practitioner can use to secure the applications. Students are aided to learn the technologies which make the web work, including HTML, HTTP, AJAX, web servers and databases. Students also will learn the resources available from the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), focusing on their Top 10 vulnerabilities list. Topics include secure development practices, OWASP Top 10 list, authentication, session handling, data handling and logging and monitoring.
This course provides comprehensive coverage of various cloud computing delivery models, security tools and implementations. It helps the students to advance their technical skills and knowledge to design, manage and secure data, applications and infrastructure in the cloud. Topics include cloud concepts, cloud data security, cloud platform & infrastructure security, cloud application security, operations, legal and compliance.
Certification: Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
This course covers the development of various cyber security controls, implementations and security operations. Students will master various proven techniques and tools needed to design and implement the cyber security controls. Topics include implementing specified cybersecurity controls, cybersecurity procedure execution, documenting configuration changes, testing new controls, collecting event data, sending and receiving event data and verifying identities and credentials.
This course is designed to provide knowledge of key concepts and practices in digital forensic matters. Students will learn key forensic investigation scenarios and will be directed to apply the technics to acquire hands-on experience. Topics include computer forensics investigation process, understanding hard disks and file systems, defeating anti-forensics techniques, operating system forensics, network forensics and malware forensics.
This course provides the study of hacking tools and techniques used by hackers and information security practitioners. With a wide range of tools, techniques, and methodologies for ethical hacking, this course prepares you to conduct ethical hacking projects end to end. Topics include Introduction to ethical hacking, scanning networks, enumeration, system hacking, sniffing, denial-of-service, session hijacking, hacking wireless networks, and hacking mobile platforms.
Students who complete the course will know the disaster recovery requirements and tools used for various system restorations. This course ensures that students are exposed to several procedures and methods that help restore a network of responsibility to pre-disaster operation levels. Topics include disaster recovery and business continuity, cyber system restoration, backup site preparation and utilization, actualizing data backups and recovery, deficiency and error reporting, post-incident review.
What you need to get started.
- Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
- Pass an entrance test administered by Herzing College
- Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
- Note: admission to some programs may include additional requirements
SAMPLE SALARY RANGE:
$44,000 – $75,000
(Systems Security Analyst)
12 Months (20 hours/week)
Includes 5-week internship
2019 Overall Graduate Employment Rate
84% of available Herzing College Toronto graduates were employed in a related field.
*statistics based on most recent available
Your Next Steps
Ready to learn more about the Cybersecurity Specialist training program? It’s easy to get started. Choose from the following options:
- Fill out the form to ask questions via email
- Chat live with an Admissions Advisor to get your questions answered now
- Click Apply Now to get your application started today!
Why Choose this Program?
This accelerated Cybersecurity training program is the best way to jump-start your IT security career. Here’s why Herzing should be your first choice:
- 12-month diploma program that gets you to work faster
- 5-week internship for real work experience
- Over 900 hours of hands-on cybersecurity training and labs
- Preparation for 4 globally recognized IT security certifications
- Learn from IT security experts with years of professional experience
- Small class sizes where every student gets step-by-step support
- Use the Herzing Open Education Program (HOEP) to take additional IT courses after you graduate, tuition-free!*
- Amazing Career Development team, who helps create your resume, prepare for interviews, and apply for cybersecurity jobs
- Herzing has a 55-year track record of effective technology training
- Our grads get hired! In 2019, 84% of Herzing College Toronto graduates were employed in a related field (based on most recent available data)