CCNA – CISCO Certified Network Associate Course
Advance your IT career with CCNA certification. Master the theory and practical skills you need to pass the CCNA Routing and Switching exam. 8-week course, classes in the evenings.
What is a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)?
*This program is currently available online*
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is the second level of Cisco’s five-level career certification process. It’s an ideal starting point for people looking to further their career in IT and networking.
CCNA certification proves a technician’s ability to install, set up, configure, troubleshoot and operate a medium-sized routed and switched computer network. This also includes implementing and verifying connections to a wide area network (WAN).
Why should You Become a CISCO Certified Network Associate?
Most of the world’s internet traffic runs through pathways built with Cisco infrastructure products. Getting trained and certified to work on these products is the key to more (and better paid) jobs in this field.
Top reasons to become a CISCO Certified Network Associate:
- Majority of computer networking employers prefer to hire candidates who are certified
- Paves the way for advancement, through the Professional and Expert levels of certification
- Opportunities to specialize in areas like Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Network Programmability, Wireless, and Security
- Cisco certified professionals enjoy more career options
- Cisco certified professionals get paid more
- Employers often offer rewards and recognition for employees who earn Cisco certifications
Herzing College Toronto Campus CCNA Course
Herzing’s CCNA – CISCO Certified Network Associate Course is specially designed for working people with busy schedules.
- 8-week CCNA course
- Classes are held in the evening at the Herzing College Toronto campus
- Comprehensive preparation for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam
- Multiple start-dates throughout the year
There is steady demand for computer networking professionals all across Canada. The CCNA Routing and Switching certification opens up career opportunities in network administration, one of Ontario’s fasting growing IT occupations.
The Government of Canada Job Bank reports steady demand and employment growth for network administrators in Toronto, and throughout Ontario.
What Jobs Can You Get With CCNA Certification?
Cisco CCNA certification leads to a variety of entry-level and mid-range job opportunities. In particular, the Routing and Switching certification is associated with the following positions:
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Analyst
Herzing’s CCNA – CISCO Certified Network Associate Course covers all the knowledge and skills needed to successfully challenge the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam.
- Learn how to install, set up, configure, troubleshoot and operate a medium-sized routed and switched computer network
- Training includes implementing and verifying connections to a wide area network (WAN)
- Master routing and switching technologies, including IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Learn infrastructure services, management, and network security
Click to see detailed course descriptions.
- Compare and contrast OSI and TCP/IP models Describe the impact of infrastructure components in an enterprise network
- Describe the effects of cloud resources on enterprise network architecture
- Compare and contrast network topologies
- Select the appropriate cabling type based on implementation requirements
- Apply troubleshooting methodologies to resolve problems
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 addressing and subnetting
- Describe the need for private IPv4 addressing
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv6 addressing
- Troubleshoot interface and cable issues (collisions, errors, duplex, speed)
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs (normal/extended range) spanning multiple switches
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot inter-switch connectivity
- Trunk ports, adding and removing VLANs on a trunk
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot STP protocols .STP mode (PVST+ and RPVST+) STP root bridge selection
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot STP related optional features
- Describe the routing concepts. How a routing table is populated by different routing information sources.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing
- Compare and contrast static routing and dynamic routing
- Compare and contrast distance vector and link state routing protocols
- Compare and contrast interior and exterior routing protocols
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Describe DNS lookup operation
- Troubleshoot client connectivity issues involving DNS
- Configure and verify DHCP on a router (excluding static reservations)
- Troubleshoot client- and router-based DHCP connectivity issues
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic HSRP
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot inside source NAT
- Configure and verify NTP operating in a client/server mode
- Infrastructure Security
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot port security
- Describe common access layer threat mitigation techniques
- 1x and DHCP snooping
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 access list for traffic filtering
- Standard, Extended and Named
- Verify ACLs using the APIC-EM Path Trace ACL Analysis tool
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic device hardening
- Describe device security using AAA with TACACS+ and RADIUS
- Configure and verify device-monitoring protocols
- SNMP and Syslog .
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues using ICMP echo-based IP SLA
- Configure and verify device management
- Backup and restore device configuration
- Using Cisco Discovery Protocol or LLDP for device discovery
- Licensing, Logging , Timezone and Loopback
- Configure and verify initial device configuration
- Perform device maintenance.
- Cisco IOS upgrades and recovery (SCP, FTP, TFTP, and MD5 verify)
- Password recovery and configuration register
- File system management
- Use Cisco IOS tools to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Describe network programmability in enterprise network architecture
8 weeks (evenings)
TRY OUR CAREER EXPLORATION KIT
Our online kit takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
2020 Overall Graduate Employment Rate
87% of available Herzing College Toronto graduates were employed in a related field.
*statistics based on most recent available
Your Next Steps
Ready to learn more the CCNA – CISCO Certified Network Associate course? It’s easy to get started. Choose from the following options:
- Fill out the form to ask questions via email
- Chat live with an Admissions Advisor to get your questions answered now
- Click Apply Now to get your application started today!
Why Choose this Program?
The CISCO Certified Network Associate course at Herzing College Toronto is fast, flexible, and effective. Here’s why our CCNA exam training should be your first choice:
- Instructors with decades of professional IT experience
- Complete preparation to successfully challenge the CCNA Routing & Switching exam
- Small class sizes where every student gets step-by-step instructor support
- Convenient evening class schedule
- Get your training done quickly with our accelerated 8-week course