Physical Therapist Assistant Training in Ontario
Launch a rewarding career helping patients reach their physical potential!
Are you interested in pursuing a growing career path that helps people regain their top physical function? Physical therapist assistants work under the supervision of a physical therapist to promote a patient’s ability to move, restore bodily function, reduce pain and prevent disability.
With the aging population and growing understanding of physical therapy’s importance in promoting optimal health, there is a strong demand for qualified physical therapist assistants to take on more of this work.
What do Physical Therapist Assistants do?
Physical therapist assistants carry out the physical therapist’s plan of patient care, working with injured athletes, accident victims, disabled children and anyone else whose physical ability is impaired. Working environments could include acute care and community hospitals, rehabilitation units, long-term care facilities, schools or private practices.
Physical therapist assistants will have the following skills:
- Patience and clear oral and written communication
- Physical and emotional strength
- Understanding of anatomy, physiology and diseases
How does Herzing Prepare Healthcare Students for Success?
For the past 50 years, Herzing College has been preparing healthcare students in Ontario for professional success with our unique combination of:
- Expert instructors with years of industry experience
- Hands-on training that helps students shine from their very first day on the job
- Internships that build work-place confidence and connections
- Career services that help students find employers, prepare for interviews, and land a great job after graduation
- Family-like learning environment where every student is encouraged and supported
Looking for Physical Therapist Assistant Training in Ontario?
Are you hoping to train as a physical therapist assistant in Toronto, Oshawa, Scarborough, or Ottawa? Herzing hopes to launch new Physical Therapist Assistant programs in Ontario to serve communities where there is demand for new grads – and students who are passionate about joining the healthcare field.
Fill out the form to let us know you’re interested in the physical therapist assistant training path, and to receive your free Herzing College brochure!