Law Clerk Training in Ottawa
Law Clerks play an important role in the legal profession, working directly under the guidance of a Lawyer. Law Clerks are responsible for routine legal and administrative work, and may assist a Lawyer with more complex legal matters. Law firms, government offices and legal departments employ Law Clerks to offer services to their clients at lower costs.
This program provides an overview of legal principles, practices and procedures. Areas of study include legal office procedures, Corporate Law, Wills and Estates, Family Law, Real Estate, Litigation and the practical appli-cation of Law Clerk responsibilities.
Program length: 12 months, includes 4 week internship
Don’t let worries about paying for school follow you around. Students attending Herzing College may qualify for a government student grant that could cover your entire tuition! The Ontario Student Opportunity Grant is currently available to eligible students applying for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). An Educational Funding Specialist at our campus can help you determine if you qualify.
It’s never too late to get on the path to a rewarding career, complete the form on this page to get started and find out if you're eligible for free tuition!
*Not all students and programs qualify for free tuition.
Law Clerk Careers in Ottawa
The Law Clerk program prepares graduates to work in law offices or legal departments of any organization. Graduates should find employment opportunities with law firms, government offices, private industry, and real estate companies.
Examples of possible job titles: Junior Law Clerk, Law Clerk, Legal Researcher, Office Clerk, Legal Administrator, Corporate Law Clerk
Sample average salary: $36,000
*Statistics based on most recent available.
Law Clerk Courses in Ottawa
• Legal Computer and Application Software I
• Introduction to the Legal System
• Legal and Computer Application Software III (Word)
• Legal Computer and Application Software II (Excel)
• Legal Billing
• Legal Research and Writing
• English and Communication Skills
• Employment Law
• Wills and Estates
• Real Estate
• Family Law
• Evidence and the Litigation Process
• Legal Billing
• Legal Accounting & Computerized Billing
• Presentation Skills & Software
• Corporate Law
• Contract Law
• Legal Office Procedures
• Career Development and Client Services
• Client Services
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit