International Commerce & Import / Export Training in Montreal
With our global community rapidly expanding, and with the increased interest and dependence on world trade, the industry of importing and exporting goods couldn’t be more important or vital to the world’s economy. Individuals trained in Import/Export will be familiar with the details of the regulations and laws that govern world trade, as well as be privy to the current dialogues and rhetoric of the international market.
This program teaches students valuable skills recommended by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT), which will provide all the tools necessary to eventually become a Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) Areas of study include research in international business, legal aspects of international trade, law and business ethics, spreadsheets and databases and financial mathematics.
Program length: 14 months (25 hours/week) includes 8 week internship
Careers in International Commerce & Import / Export
The International Commerce & Import/Export program prepares graduates for career opportunities in customs, export trading companies, or as an import/export merchant.
Examples of job titles: Sales Representative, Customs Official, Import/Export Merchant, Import/Export Clerk
Sample starting salary range: $29,120 - $33,280
*Statistics based on most recent available.
International Commerce & Import / Export Courses in Montreal
• Business Application Software
• Statistical Methods
• Accounting I
• Computerized Accounting
• E-Business Concepts
• Accounting II
• Business Principles and Management
• Business Communication
• Introduction to Marketing
• Spreadsheets and Databases
• Global Business Environment
• International Trade Research
• International Trade Finance
• International Marketing
• Legal Aspects of International Trade
• International Trade Management
• Global Supply Chain Management
• International Market Entry Strategies
• Quebec issued high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two consecutive terms
One school year interruption from full-time studies
• Minimum of one year post-secondary education
• Pass a general admissions entrance test
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit