Computing Support Program Diploma in Montreal
Individuals trained in computing support manage and install network resources, optimize computer performance and troubleshoot computer problems. They will be able to analyze the architecture and operation of computer systems and provide service to clients in the workplace.
This program teaches optimal use of software, the use of older and recent operating systems, the use of application software, creating and using databases, and the use of telecommunications. Areas of study include network management, developing programs, installing hardware and software, managing access, setting up resource sharing, troubleshooting and computer optimization.
Program length: 14 months (35 hours/week, M-F) includes 7 week internship
Careers in Computing Support
The Computing Support program prepares graduates to start a career in applied internet technology, systems diagnostics, local area network installation and maintenance, data communication techniques and network administrative tasks.
Examples of possible job titles include: Computer Network Technician, WEB Technician, Network Support Technician
Sample starting salary range: $27,040 – 31,200
*Employment statistics are meant to serve as an example of past results, but are not a predictor of future results.
Computing Support Courses in Montreal
• The Occupation and the Training Process
• Systems Analysis
• Older Operating Systems
• Problem Solving
• Researching Information
• Programming Utility Software
• Working Relationships
• Application Software
• Recent Operating Systems
• Installation of Workstations
• Communication in French
• Networks: Access Management
• Networks Resource Sharing
• Telecommunications Facilities
• Career Management
• Computer Optimization
• Technical Support at a Telephone Help Desk
• Time Management
• Practicum: Technical Support
• Practicum: Service to a Client
• Pass an admissions test.
• Quebec issued high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two consecutive terms
One school year interruption from full-time studies
• Minimum of one year post-secondary education
• Pass a general admissions entrance test
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit