Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Training in Montreal
Skilled drafters interpret the ideas of engineers and present them in the language of manufacturing and construction. In the past, drafters primarily produced working and schematic drawings using a variety of drafting machines, rules, T-squares, curves, triangles, and other drawing tools. Today, individuals in this role produce these drawings using a computer-assisted drawing system known as CAD.
This program prepares students to become skilled drafters that interpret the ideas of engineers and present them in the language of manufacturing and construction. This course offers three different areas of study to choose from; Track A – Visualization & Animation in Engineering Design, Track B – Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering Drafting & Design, Track C – Architectural / Engineering/ Construction Building Design.
Program length: 16 months (25 hours/week, M-F) includes 14 week internship
Careers in Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
The Computer-Aided Design and Drafting program prepares students to immediately enter the industry as a drafter or CAD operator, and find employment as a Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technologist or a Technologist in Drafting.
Examples of possible job titles include: Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Industrial Engineering Technologist, Technologist in Drafting, Draftsperson, CAD Technician
Examples of employers include: Axis Lighting, Lumenpulse, Enerquin, Orbinox, CDS Machines
Sample starting salary range: $30,160 – $34,320
2015 employment statistic: 83% of available graduates were employed in a related field.
*Statistics based on most recent available.
Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Courses in Montreal
• AutoCAD for Windows
• Computer-Aided Drafting I
• 3D CAD
• Introduction to 3D VIZ
• 3D Studio Max for Engineering Design
• Parametric Modeling
• Computer Aided Drafting
• Elements of Mechanical Design
• 3-Dimensional Modeling
• Introduction to AutoCAD and 2D Working Drawings for AEC
• Drafting Techniques
• Architectural and Civil Drafting
• Architectural and Civil Drafting II
• Commercial Construction Drafting & Design
• Commercial Building Materials
• Introduction to AutoCAD and 2D Working Drawings for MCAD
• Quebec issued high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two consecutive terms
One school year interruption from full-time studies
• Minimum of one year post-secondary education
• Pass a general admissions entrance test
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Try our Career Exploration Kit
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Try our Career Exploration Kit