Medical Laboratory Assistant Training in Ontario
Build skills employers want and launch a career that makes a difference!
Are you a detail-oriented team player with a desire to help others and make a real difference in the healthcare community? Medical lab assistants play a crucial role in helping doctors diagnose disease and determine the very best course of treatment for patients. On the front lines of care, these professionals provide a vital link between patients and nurses, physicians, and medical lab technicians.
As the healthcare industry expands in Ontario, Services Canada predicts a steady demand for medical lab assistants with up-to-date training. Now is the best time to earn your diploma in this growing field!
What do Medical Lab Assistants Do?
Medical lab assistants conduct medical laboratory tests and set up, clean and maintain lab equipment. Individuals in this role are typically responsible for collecting blood and/or tissue samples from patients, logging patient samples, and preparing them for testing.
Medical lab assistants have a working knowledge of:
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Medical laboratory principles, practices, and operations
- Laboratory safety and specimen collection
- Storing, transportation, and analysis
How Does Herzing Prepare Healthcare Students for Success?
For the past 50 years, Herzing College has been preparing healthcare students in Ontario for professional success with our unique combination of:
- Expert instructors with years of industry experience
- Hands-on training that helps students shine from their very first day on the job
- Internships that build work-place confidence and connections
- Career services that help students find employers, prepare for interviews, and land a great job after graduation
- Family-like learning environment where every student is encouraged and supported
Looking for Medical Laboratory Assistant Training in Ontario?
Are you hoping to train as a medical lab assistant in Toronto, Oshawa, Scarborough, or Ottawa? Herzing hopes to launch new Medical Laboratory Assistant programs in Ontario to serve communities where there is demand for new grads – and students who are passionate about joining the healthcare field.
Fill out the form to let us know you’re interested in the medical lab assistant training path, and to receive your free Herzing College brochure!