Welcome to Ottawa!
Information and International Admissions
Herzing College is committed to providing a career-focused, convenient, and caring education that fosters student success both academically and professionally. For our international students, this means that we treat you as part of the Herzing family, and we help you step-by-step in your journey to earn your diploma and realize your career goals.
So Much to Do
Ottawa offers everything one expects from a major urban center: a thriving arts scene and local food and drink that’s among the best in the nation. But the city also boasts the type of natural wonders, outdoor activities, and charm that is often lacking in many major cities. Paths for biking, jogging, walking, and blading are woven into the fabric of Ottawa’s downtown core; the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, flows through the city; and beautiful green spaces are peppered throughout. Perhaps even more attractive is that most of these are accessible by foot—a rare feature in any cosmopolitan city. During the winter, the Rideau Canal is transformed into one of the longest skating rinks in the world.
HERZING COLLEGE – OTTAWA CAMPUS
Conveniently located on the east end of Ottawa in the St. Laurent Shopping Centre. Tailored to meet the demand for Healthcare, Business, and Technology professionals in the nation’s capital, Herzing’s curriculum is designed to keep pace with the growing needs of industry.
The Ottawa campus is equipped with computers designed to facilitate the learning experience. It has a resource library, a student lounge, and its laboratories and classrooms are designed to engage students through hands-on learning.
The campus is located at:
Interlanguages Language School
Address: 130 Albert Street – Suite 170, Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
There are a range of living accommodations available near the campus, so Herzing students can find the type of arrangement that will work for them.
Herzing College staff can provide information on different places to look for apartments. There are also numerous housing sites available that will fit your ideal living scenario (for example: price, smoking, number of bedrooms, and access to public transportation). This service is free.
The Herzing College – Ottawa campus is accessible by several means. The most popular are by public transit, bike, or foot.
There are two city bus systems in Canada’s Capital Region. OC Transpo operates on the Ontario side of the Ottawa River, and the Société de Transport de l’Outaouais operates on the Quebec side. You can transfer between the systems along Rideau and Wellington streets in Ottawaaround the Portage Bridge, and at the Place d’accueil on Maisonneuve Boulevard in Gatineau.
One of the best ways to get around the city is by bike. Canada’s Capital Region is home to more than 180 kms (112 miles) of recreational pathways linking the city’s green spaces, attractions, residential areas, and more.
Visitors are pleasantly surprised by Ottawa’s walkable downtown core.
International Admission Requirements for Herzing Ottawa
Herzing College is accepting International student applications for fall 2021.
Herzing College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and our DLI number is: O19397544252. Please note, the government currently does not grant graduates of private colleges (in non-degree level programs) access to Canada’s post-graduation work permit program. There are however other International Mobility work permit programs graduates of diploma programs may qualify for depending on situational factors. According to Federal regulation Herzing College is not authorized to provide immigration advice or assistance so please contact Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, or a licensed immigration consultant for more information.
To begin the process of applying to Herzing College under the status of an *international student*, you will need to satisfy the following requirements in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the CIC Acceptance Form required to attain a student study permit to attend a College in Canada.
- Complete the Personal Information Record form and return by email.
- You must be a High School graduate to Attend Herzing College;
- Provide a high school transcript (if not in English – will need to provide a certified translation to the English language and have it assessed for Canadian equivalency) or provide all relevant post – secondary educational documentation above and beyond high school.
- Provide us with proof of English skills by providing us with a TOEFL/IELTS score. Minimum score required would be 500 on the written (paper), or 173 on the computer based version (CBT) and 60 on the internet based version (IBT). For the IELTS, we require a minimum score of 6.0 in all areas.
- If your High School (or equivalent) was instructed in English, a TOEFL/IELTS score would not be required.
- Pass our online entrance test.
- Provide a non-refundable administration and testing charge of $500 (Canadian funds) only after educational documents have been accepted. We can send you our Bank Wire Transfer Form. Once the above conditions are satisfied and funds received, we will continue with the process and send you your CIC Acceptance Form for you to apply for your Study Permit.
- Once you have received approval for your Student Study Permit, you will be required to sign an enrollment contract outlining relevant information regarding your program of study, including tuition, fees, and payment schedule.
- Provide us with a copy of your passport (page with your photo and date of birth). Current address is necessary if not stated on passport.
Click to learn more about the student study permit process for international students
Herzing College Ottawa Contact Information
Herzing College Ottawa
1200 St. Laurent Boulevard
Box 225 St. Laurent Shopping Centre
Lower Level Ottawa,
ON K1K 3B8
Phone: (613) 742-8099
Fax: (613) 742-8336