Dental Assistant Training in Ontario
Would you like to perform essential dental tasks while making patients’ visits to the dentist office more enjoyable? Dental assistants have many duties, ranging from helping the dentist with clinical patient care to administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and office management.
As the general population’s awareness of the importance of oral health increases and emerging practices such as implants, orthodontics, cosmetic and geriatric dentistry diversify the field, new dental assistants should enjoy good employment prospects.
What do Dental Assistants do?
Dental assistants typically work in dentists’ offices under the supervision of dentists, following hygienic and safety procedures to provide optimal clinical care and administrative effectiveness. They must understand oral anatomy, dental office administration, radiography and dental pharmacology.
Dental assistant duties may include:
- Greeting and preparing patients for oral examinations
- Scheduling appointments and following up with patients
- Organize and maintain equipment
- Perform simple dental procedures such as taking x-rays
- Provide oral hygiene guidance to patients
How does Herzing Prepare Healthcare Students for Success?
For the past 50 years, Herzing College has been preparing healthcare students in Ontario for professional success with our unique combination of:
- Expert instructors with years of industry experience
- Hands-on training that helps students shine from their very first day on the job
- Internships that build work-place confidence and connections
- Career services that help students find employers, prepare for interviews, and land a great job after graduation
- Family-like learning environment where every student is encouraged and supported
Looking for Dental Assistant Training in Ontario?
Are you hoping to train as a dental assistant in Toronto, Oshawa, Scarborough, or Ottawa? Herzing hopes to launch new Dental Assistant programs in Ontario to serve communities where there is demand for new grads – and students who are passionate about joining the healthcare field.
Fill out the form to let us know you’re interested in the dental assistant training path, and to receive your free Herzing College brochure!