This four hour workshop will be scheduled on specific days/times within your certificate. Read an interview with our Instructor to learn more.
There have been many permanent changes to many workplace environments with numerous businesses moving to an internet-based workplace. While mediations have traditionally been conducted in person, online dispute resolution has actually been employed in various mediation settings for decades.
Recent free or affordable technology in video conferencing as well as high speed internet connections has made online mediation attractive even without the obvious social distancing protection.
Learn the pro and cons of online dispute resolution and areas of particular importance that include:
- Security of transmission of documents
- Signed agreements- including agreements specific to online mediation – DocuSign
- Confidentiality – no one listening in. – no taping of session
- Security of platform
- Various platforms
- Bandwidth and streaming requirements and how to manage ‘lags’
- Using the technology to your advantage…..ie break out rooms, digital document sharing
- Teaching techno challenged individuals on how to use the technology
- Pre-mediation Technical check in
- Waiting rooms and closing the conferencing doors
Also learn about some of the various conferencing platforms such as:
- Go To Meeting
- Microsoft Teams
- Free vs. purchased web conferencing software
- Understanding open source software and closed source software