A trained professional in the field of computerized accounting and bookkeeping possesses a comprehensive understanding of accounting principles. Accountants and bookkeepers use the latest accounting software – such as Simply Accounting, ACCPAC and QuickBooks – to develop an accurate picture of a company’s financial successes, challenges and opportunities in order to strategize for the future. Across numerous sectors, computerized accounting professionals can find employment as comptrollers, accounting officers or bookkeepers in both large corporations and small businesses.
Computer Accountant and Bookkeeper Job Description
Duties in computerized accounting and bookkeeping vary according to specific job titles; however, strong numeric, analytical and computer skills along with attention to detail are required in most positions. Professionals in this field are typically responsible for:
• Preparation of financial statements and financial management reports using the latest computer accounting software
• Development of financial policies for a business based on analysis completed with computer accounting software and using financial simulation models
• Implementation of financial policies for a business
• Reporting of trends that are crucial to the organization’s financial success to senior management
• Recruitment, training and management of staff
Computer Accountant and Bookkeeper Projected Demand
Over the next few years, Canadians can expect to see a slight increase in available jobs throughout the accounting sector. Candidates with knowledge of computerized accounting techniques will have an advantage as the industry modernizes, and organizations come to rely more on digitized systems and processes. The average annual salary in the computerized accounting and bookkeeping field in Canada is $55,741.