Architectural Design Courses in Toronto
- Microsoft Windows 7
- The student will learn how to work within the Windows 7 system. This course teaches the student about the Windows 7 Desktop, how to launch a Program, use Windows Help and Support, Log Off and Turn Off the Computer, and how to save documents. The student will be able to work with the Documents Library, Create Folder Shortcuts, Opening and Modifying Documents within a Folder, and learn how to Copy a folder onto a USB Flash Drive. This course will also help the student to understand the file formats, and how to customize the desktop with gadgets and the Taskbar.
- Microsoft Visio
- Visio has a multitude of Templates including various stencils, objects and shapes available from within the program or online. From using drawing tools to edit, enhance or create designs on various media to integrating graphics with other programs, the techniques learned in Visio will enable the student to quickly master working with graphics.
- Microsoft Project
- enhance the presentation and successful completion of any project is an integral part of using Microsoft Project Topics included in this program are creating, editing and monitoring different tasks within specific projects, assigning various resources, editing when necessary and formatting appropriately.
- AutoCAD – 2D
- This course offers a comprehensive hands-on training on Architectural design and drafting using AutoCAD software. It covers all functions and tools that have been introduced and provided in AutoCAD in order to upgrade and enhance student’s skills to prepare 2 Dimensional Architectural drawings
- AutoCAD – 3D
- This course offers a comprehensive hands-on training on Architectural design and drafting using AutoCAD software. It covers all functions and tools that have been introduced and provided in AutoCAD in order to upgrade and enhance student’s skills to prepare 3 Dimensional Architectural drawings.
- Design Fundamentals and Blueprints
- This course offers comprehensive hands-on training on design fundamentals, drafting standards, and provides students with the knowledge and skills required for creating and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Interior / Exterior Design and Landscaping
- Students learn to understand functional landscape design principles. The process of landscape design is discussed in detail including: strategies for interacting with the client, selling a landscape concept, and creating a design from start (concept development) to finish (final plan).
- Revit – Building Information Modelling
- This course offers comprehensive training in building information modelling. It will provide the student with knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting techniques using current industry software. Students will learn how to create custom content using Revit platforms.
- Ontario Building Code
- Become familiar with the Ontario building Code Act in preparation for the Building Code certification exam in your career field. It contains the core of the new objective based code – Building Code Act, Ontario Regulation 350/06, and conversion tables.
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Herzing “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.