Network Administrator Courses in Scarborough
- A+ Essentials and In Depth
- This course provides instruction in microcomputer software and hardware concepts and troubleshooting techniques. Topics include the function and purpose of hardware and software; system board components and memory management; working with USB portable drives and other optical media; supporting input and output devices; multimedia technology; supporting Windows® XP, 2000/2003/2008 and Vista, printers, and notebook computers; troubleshooting fundamentals, applying disaster recover techniques, and developing maintenance plans; and working with networks and the Internet. This is a preparation course for the CompTIA’s A+ exams 220-901 and exam 220-902
- Network +
- This course enables the successful student to know the layers of the OSI model, to be able to describe the features and functions of network components and to have the skills needed to install, configure, and troubleshoot basic networking hardware peripherals and protocols.
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server
- This course provides students in the experience of, deploying and Managing Windows Server, Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services, Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects, Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration, Implementing Internet Protocol v4, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, domain Name System, Internet Protocol v6
Local Storage, File and Print Services, Group Policy, Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects and, Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
- Administering Windows Server
- This course provides students in the experience in the areas of Deploying and Maintaining Server Images, Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System, Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services, Managing User and Service Accounts, Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure, Managing User Desktops with Group Policy, Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access, Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role, Implementing Network Access Protection, Optimizing File Services, Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing, and Implementing Update Management.
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server Services
- This course provides students in the experience in the areas of implementing advanced Network Services, Advanced File Services, Dynamic Access Control, Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments, Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication, Active Directory Certificate Services, Active Directory Rights Management Services, Active Directory Federation Services, Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, Failover Clustering with Hyper-V, Disaster Recovery.
- This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches, routers, and connecting to WAN and implementing network security. A Student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small to medium-size branch office network.
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements