Educational Funding at Herzing College Scarborough
Your education is one of the most important investments you’ll make in your lifetime, and we realize that you may need assistance in paying for tuition. Our Educational Funding Department will help you to navigate through the different funding options that may be available to you.
Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify. To learn more about the Ontario Student Assistance Program go to https://osap.gov.on.ca
Self-funding all, or part of your education, is one of the best ways to invest in your future. Perhaps you’ve set aside money over the years to invest in an education (RRSP,RESP), or you’re planning to work while in school. Your family and relatives can also be a source of financial support to consider. Arrangements may be made with Herzing College’s Educational Funding Department for full, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payment of your tuition education.
Student Line of Credit
A Student Line of Credit gives you access to funds that you can use to pay for tuition and other expenses. With most student line of credit you only have to apply once, and the money is there for you to borrow as you need it. And, in most cases there are no annual or monthly fees – you pay interest only on what you borrow.
There are many Student Line of Credit programs offering a variety of specially designed programs.
• Bank of Montreal – BMO Student Line of Credit.
• TD Canada – Trust Student Line of Credit.
• RBC Royal Bank – Royal Line of Credit for Student.
• Scotiabank – ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students.
• CIBC – Education Line of Credit.
Internship Expense Assistance Program
Internship is a rewarding experience that provides students with real-life experience and hands on training. We recognize that many of our students going out on internship incur various expenses such as travel, child care, professional clothing purchase etc. In an effort to alleviate some of these expenses, Herzing College has partnered with internship employers to offer qualified students a weekly expense assistance while on internship.
Eligible students that enroll in a participating program will receive a minimum of a $100 weekly expense assistance while on internship. Take advantage of the internship expense assistance program today and click here for more info.
Scholarships, Bursaries, Grants
Herzing offers a variety of scholarships which are available to qualifying students. Bursaries and grants may also be available through the Provincial and Federal government.
Academic Scholarship: A $1,000 scholarship is awarded to any applicant student who achieves a score of 28 or better on the Herzing Alternative Admissions Test.
Alumni Referral Scholarships:
Herzing College Alumni is eligible to offer one scholarship worth either $1,000 for a program of 9 months in duration or longer or $500 for a program under 9 months in duration to a relative. Herzing College Alumni have the option to offer one $500 referral scholarship to any person they wish to recommend to the college.
Business – Finance Certification Voucher:
The Business – Finance Certification Voucher is offered to graduates of our qualified business diploma programs. Qualified graduates will receive a voucher valued at $1,000, which can be redeemed towards the cost of tuition towards a suite of finance/investment certification training.
Qualification criteria and conditions for the Business-Finance Certification Voucher:
- Certification options include, Canadian Securities Certification, IFSE-Mutual Funds Certification, and LLQP-Insurance Certification.
- Voucher can be redeemed for any combination of the above mentioned certifications.
- Graduates are responsible for any balance of tuition that exceeds $1,000.
- The tuition voucher cannot be redeemed for cash in part or in whole.
- Available to students starting a business program of a minimum 40 weeks in duration.
- Must graduate from an eligible business program in good standing with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Must start the certification training within 12 months of graduation.
- This voucher offer cannot be combined with any other offer or scholarship.
High School Scholarships:
- High School Faculty Scholarship Award: Each school is given the opportunity to award three scholarships annually to three students based on their own criteria (maximum award is $1,000 for courses 9 months or longer, for courses under 9 months the prospective student receives $500).
- High School Graduate Scholarship Program: Students graduating from High school are eligible for a scholarship of $60 per month for the duration of a selected program. The student must submit an application and include a recommendation from a high school official.
The awarding of any of the above scholarships or grants is conditional upon candidates meeting our admissions criteria. Herzing reserves the right right to deny the awarding of any scholarship at its sole discretion and may do so without prejudice.
For further information on any of the options listed above, as well as other financial concerns, please contact an Admissions Advisor at 416.724.1053
Click here for the 2015 Ontario student loan default rates
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Herzing “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.