Construction Electrical Mechanical Estimator
Construction Estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects.
This program provides an overview of the skills required for an electrical/mechanical estimator with a focus on theory instruction, with hands-on training methods. Areas of study include introduction estimating, understanding the tendering and reporting systems along with occupational health and safety considerations.
Program length: 9 months
Construction Electrical Mechanical Estimator Careers
The Electrical Mechanical Estimator program prepares graduates for employment opportunities in a variety of sectors such as residential, commercial and industrial construction companies; along with major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors.
Examples of possible job titles include: Construction Office Manager, Junior Construction Estimator, Building Construction Estimator, Construction Cost Estimator
Sample average salary (payscale.com): $52,607
*Statistics based on most recent available.
Construction Electrical Mechanical Estimator Courses in Ottawa
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Fundamentals of an Estimator
- Estimating and Takeoffs
- AutoCAD Application
- Tendering and Reporting Systems
- Cost and Expenditure Statements
- Operational Structure
- Minimum of a High School diploma (OSSD) or mature student status
- Pass an aptitude evaluation
- Be computer literate
- Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
- Meet any additional program specific entrance requirements