Educational Funding at Herzing College Montreal
Your education is one of the most important investments you’ll make in your lifetime, and we realize that you may need assistance in paying for tuition. Our Educational Funding Department will help you to navigate through the different funding options that may be available to you.
Self-funding all, or part of your education, is one of the best ways to invest in your future. Perhaps you’ve set aside money over the years to invest in an education (RRSP,RESP), or you’re planning to work while in school. Your family and relatives can also be a source of financial support to consider. Arrangements may be made with Herzing College’s Educational Funding Department for full, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payment of your tuition education.
Quebec Student Financial Assistance
Every year, the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie du Québec, enables some 140 000 Québec students who have insufficient financial resources, to pursue full-time secondary school level vocational training, college or university studies.
Québec’s Loans and Bursaries Program
Initial student financial assistance under the Loans and Bursaries Program comes as a loan that you repay once you have finished your studies. All of the programs offered at Herzing College offer eligible students an opportunity to qualify for student loans, and some programs also offer bursaries. To learn more, browse the Quebec government web site (www.afe.gouv.qc.ca), or contact our Educational Funding Department.
Gap Funding Assistance
Our goal is to help make our student’s educational funding affordable. We’ll work with every student to uncover every available funding option. Despite our best efforts, sometimes there isn’t enough funding available to pay full tuition. Herzing College offers qualified students a flexible gap funding payment plan for tuition not covered by other funding options.
Student Line of Credit
A Student Line of Credit gives you access to funds that you can use to pay for tuition and other expenses. With most student lines of credit you only have to apply once, and the money is there for you to borrow as you need it. In most cases there are no annual or monthly fees – you pay interest only on what you borrow.
There are many Student Line of Credit programs offering a variety of specially designed programs.
• Bank of Montreal – BMO Student Line of Credit.
• TD Canada – Trust Student Line of Credit.
• RBC Royal Bank – Royal Line of Credit for Student.
• Scotiabank – ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students.
• CIBC – Education Line of Credit.
Internship Expense Assistance Program
Internship is a rewarding experience that provides students with real-life experience and hands on training. We recognize that many of our students going out on internship incur various expenses such as travel, child care, professional clothing purchase etc. In an effort to alleviate some of these expenses, Herzing College has partnered with internship employers to offer qualified students a weekly expense assistance while on internship.
Eligible students that enroll in a participating program will receive a minimum of a $100 weekly expense assistance while on internship. Take advantage of the internship expense assistance program today and click here for more information.
Thank you to our participating employers:
Scholarships, Bursaries, Grants
Herzing offers a variety of scholarships which are available to qualifying students. Bursaries and grants may also be available through the Provincial and Federal government.
William R Rootham Scholarships: Each year up to $20,000 ($5000 per main campus) in William R Rootham Scholarships will be awarded to selected student who are enrolling in technology programs such as networking or programming. The Scholarships will generally be for $1,000 and will be applied pro-rata over the length of the program. Except for a sudden change in a student’s financial condition, the Scholarship must be applied for prior to commencing classes at Herzing. A William R Rootham Scholarship Application may be obtained from the admissions department. The scholarships will be awarded based upon three separate criteria.
- Aptitude: a minimum of 25 on the Herzing Alternative Admissions Test. Scholarships will be awarded on a “first come first serve” basis. A total of 2/$1000 scholarships will be awarded per campus.
- Need Based: limited to applicants who require additional funding to cover either living expenses or to cover tuition payments when available funding is less than total tuition and fees. Also awarded on a “first come first serve” basis. At total of 2/$1000 scholarships will be awarded per campus.
- Interest in Field: awarded to applicants who can best express their interest in an education in the field of technology. A total of 1/$1000 scholarships will be awarded per campus. We will use social media submissions to select a group of qualified entries from which a winner will be selected for the scholarships
Academic Scholarship: A $1,000 scholarship is awarded to any applicant student who achieves a score of 28 or better on the Herzing Alternative Admissions Test.
Alumni Referral Scholarships:
Herzing College Alumni is eligible to offer one scholarship worth either $1,000 for a program of 9 months in duration or longer or $500 for a program under 9 months in duration to a relative. Herzing College Alumni have the option to offer one $500 referral scholarship to any person they wish to recommend to the college.
High School Scholarships:
- High School Faculty Scholarship Award: Each school is given the opportunity to award three scholarships annually to three students based on their own criteria (maximum award is $1,000 for courses 9 months or longer, for courses under 9 months the prospective student receives $500).
- High School Graduate Scholarship Program: Students graduating from High school are eligible for a scholarship of $60 per month for the duration of a selected program. The student must submit an application and include a recommendation from a high school official.
The awarding of any of the above scholarships is conditional upon candidates meeting our admissions criteria. Herzing reserves the right right to deny the awarding of any scholarship at its sole discretion and may do so without prejudice.
For further information on any of the options listed above, as well as other financial concerns, please contact an Admissions Advisor at 514.935.7494
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Herzing “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Readiness score now.