Admissions Process For International Students to Herzing College Montreal
Herzing College is authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to accept and enroll international students.
To begin the process of applying to Herzing College under the status of an *international student*, you will need to satisfy the following requirements in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the acceptance letter required to attain a student visa to attend a College in Canada.
If you plan to study in Quebec, you will need to obtain a CAQ (Acceptance Certificate from Quebec) issued by the MICC (Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles). Herzing College provides insurance coverage for the duration of your studies in Quebec, so you do not need proof of such before you begin the application process.
2) You must be a High School Graduate to Attend Herzing College and you must be at least 18 years of age.
3) Provide a high school transcript (if not in English – will need to provide a certified translation to the English language). Please provide all relevant post – secondary educational documentation above and beyond high school.
4) Provide a non-refundable application fee of $250 (Canadian funds) and meet the educational requirements for the specific program of your choice, to enable us to start to process an application for you. Once you have received approval for your Student Visa and all other documents required for your program, there is an administrative fee, which is due the first day of class along with the first tuition payment. The tuition amount (first of two payments) is required on the first day of class. The balance of the tuition is due at the midway point of your program.
Please send a certified demand draft payable to ‘Herzing College.’ This is obtainable from your bank.
5) Provide us with a copy of your passport (page with your photo and date of birth). Current address is necessary if not stated on passport.
6) Provide us with proof of English skills by providing us with a TOEFL/IELTS score. Minimum score required would be 547 on the written (paper) or 210 on the computer based version (CBT) and 78 on the internet based version (IBT). However, if your High School (or equivalent) was instructed in English, a TOEFL score would not be required. For the IELTS, we require a minimum score of 6.0 for AEC programs and 5.0 for DEP programs. Exceptions are considered, but not guaranteed, for those students who attended a non-English speaking high school, but attended a post-secondary educational facility instructed in English.
N.B. Please note that for all students enrolled in a French program (in Quebec), the language proficiency level required is as follows:
DEP programs: B1 level
AEC programs: B2 level
If applying for a DEP (Professional Education Diploma) program offering, in English or French, you will need to provide a MICC (Education Equivalency Certificate) or other form of equivalency. Once the above conditions are satisfied, we will continue with the process and send you your acceptance letter for you to apply for your Study Permit.
Director of Admissions
1616 Boulevard Rene-Levesque West
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Toll free: 800-818-9688